To all Stanford Conservation and Heritage Association members,
As the year draws to a close I thought it would be of interest to review some of the major activities and achievements of Stanford Conservation and Heritage. Whilst a comprehensive chairman’s report will be presented at the AGM that will be held according to our constitution in the first quarter of 2014 the following is a synopsis of some of our activities in the past year :
- Successful restructuring and implementation of Stanford Manco;
- Increased awareness and involvement in Stanford’s flora and fauna;
- Lead role in successful proclamation of Stanford wetland;
- Strong financial position with sound financial controls;
- Active role in Stanford’s “renaissance”;
- Revitalisation of Stanford Ratepayers’ Association;
- Ongoing development and curatorship of Stanford Wandelpad;
- Redevelopment of Stanford Conservation website;
- Active involvement as representatives of SC on OM Ward 11 committee;
- Active role in development of Willem Appel Dams birdhide;
- Ongoing protection of Stanford aesthetics including maintaining the Meent’s historical integrity and the reprint of “Simply Stanford”.
- Development and maintenance of sound working relationship with Overstrand Municipality.
All that remains is for the SC Committee to thank all their members for their ongoing support and to wish them and their families a happy, safe and successful festive season.
Stanford Manco team.